We recently *finally* got our first really cool day here in South Carolina! It’s dreary and they say it’s cold…although I don’t know if I’d call a high of 55 cold. I was raised in the West, surrounded by mountains, where winter seemed to last for 9 years. So, this weather brought me back to my roots and has got me all kinds of excited for fall and winter sewing patterns!
The following is a roundup of 25 Fall/Winter Sewing Patterns for Women. Some of them I own and have made myself. Some of them I’ve seen in pattern review groups with rave reviews. Now that I’ve compiled this list, I see many more I’d like to add to my pattern collection this season!
I have organized this roundup as follows: Shirts and Dresses, Pants, Sweaters Jackets and Outerwear, and Pajamas.
The hardest part about writing this post was choosing only 25 patterns! There are many more great patterns that didn’t make it on my list, so ***PLEASE comment with your favorite fall and winter patterns below and link back to the designer’s shop.***
Womens’ Pattern Roundup for Fall/Winter 2017
Womens Shirt and Dress Patterns:
1. First up is the new Brasov Wrap Top by Itch to Stitch Patterns. It is figure-flattering and sophisticated. It is available in long sleeves, but you could easily shorten them to elbow or 3/4 length. This pattern is nursing friendly! My version is here. (Sizes 00-20)
2. Next we have the new and improved, Union St. Tee by Hey June Patterns. This basic tee pattern has a slouchy, relaxed fit and has new FBA pieces included. It works with or without fabric that has lycra (elastane). Make it in a double knit or french terry and it will have more structure and less drape. (XXS-3XL)
3. The Archer Button Up by Grainline Studios is an old favorite! It’s a loose fitting woven button-up pattern. A popover add-on pack is also available. I made a short sleeve version when I was nursing and it’s been a great addition to my wardrobe. (0-18)
4. The Deer Creek Tunic & Dress by New Horizons Patterns has an elasticized waist and pockets! Need I say more. It has dolman-style sleeves and either a straight or curved hem. (XXS-3XL)
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see ‘About’ in the menu for more info.
5. The Willow Wrap Top (can also be purchased as a dress) is nursing friendly. It has a classic faux wrap neckline, with pleats and an asymmetrical hemline. Optional modesty panel. (Sizes XS-XXL)
6. The recently released Julianne Button-Up Top & Dress by DIBY Club is packed with options. It’s available in sizes 00-36 (yay!). Some of the testers used a combination of knits and wovens, which I think is trendy and fun. *Use COUPON CODE: PETITE to get 10% off any regular priced pattern between now and November 30th!*
7. The Sweet Tee by P4P is one of my TNT patterns. You can find all of them by clicking here. This pattern is great for beginners and has lots of options. I can sew a Sweet Tee up from start to finish in about 2 hours. I can be slow and meticulous, so perhaps you could crank one out even more quickly! (XXS-3XL)
8. I tested The Camilla Cowl Pattern by 5 out of 4 Patterns back in the spring. It is a top, a tunic, or a swing dress. Cowls are dressy enough for work or a night out, but are actually pretty easy to construct. (XXS-5XL)
9. The Lane Raglan by Hey June Patterns is another one of my TNT patterns. I’ve made several versions including one with a self-drafted v-neckline, and a cowl neck. I could also put this in the outerwear section because it comes with a hood and thumbhole cuff option! (Sizes XS-2X)
10. The Liana Stretch Jeans by Itch to Stitch Patterns is on my ‘to make’ list this season. These mid-rise pants can be skinny, straight or bootcut. People keep telling me that sewing your own jeans is doable and I can’t wait to have a great fitting pair of pants! (Sizes 00-20)
12. 5 out of 4 Diane Joggers were released this fall. They aren’t baggy, but they aren’t skin tight, so maybe they’re just right for you! There are so many options with this pattern and it works for maternity! (Sizes XXS-5XL)
13. Hey June Mountain Pose Pants have a gently flared leg and a contoured waistband. Choose from a crossover waistband or a traditional waistband. This pattern can be free, click the link to find out how. I’ve made this pattern twice and it’s absolutely divine! (XS-XXL)
14. The Sabrina Slims by Love Notions Patterns is a cigarette style pant (Looser than skinny jeans and tighter than boot cut.) that calls for stretch knits. It has a yoga waistband and works for maternity, too! This is Sneha’s tester version. (Sizes 0-28)
15. It’s another jeans pattern! Womens Stretch Jeans by Jalie is also on Patternreview.com’s Best Patterns of 2016. Girls and womens’ sizes are included. Choose from low-rise or regular rise bootcut pants. (27 sizes included)
Sweaters, Jackets and Outerwear
16. Midway Bomber Jacket by Greenstyle Creations is a style that is very on trend and extremely comfortable! (XXS-3XL)
19. Isn’t the Cozy Wrap Cardigan by Halla Patterns fun?! It comes in several views including: a cross front sweater, a cross front cardigan and a midline button down cardigan. This is a fun one to use with contrasting fabrics. (Sizes 00-30) *Use COUPON CODE: PETITEWEIST to get 25% off between now and November 30th!*
19. I love clothes that are easy to throw on and have a feminine shape. The Ficus Cardigan by Sew Like My Mom is perfect for confident beginners and looks great on all body types. You can change the look by using a drapey fabric like a rayon/spandex, or a ponte for more body. You can find my tester version here. (XXS-3XL)
20. The Sundance Jacket by Greenstyle Creations has some fun features including unique bodice back seams which are perfect for color-blocking. It also has zippered pockets, either with or without the hood. (XXS-3XL)
21. The Pathfinder Vest by Twig + Tale is great for when you just need an extra half-layer. It has different hood, pocket and closure options. It’s great for upcycling! (Bust sizes 30″-49.5″)
22. TAMI Revolution Hoodie by New Horizons Patterns has some fun hood options including a crossover hood and a double hood. There is a nursing hack available on the site. I’ve seen some really fun pattern and fabric combos with this jacket! (XXS-26)
23 – Sew a Little Seam recently released their Womens’ Movie Night Pajamas and they are free! The placket is long enough to nurse in. I love Anna’s version here, with this fair isle print. And since it also comes in a kids’ version you can match with the littles on Christmas morning. (Bust sizes 30-50″)
24 – A simple pair of PJ bottoms is exactly what I want to curl up in on cold nights. The Walk the Plank PJ Bottoms by Patterns for Pirates are also free. This pattern has different rise and length options. You could pair them with a simple tee. (XS-3XL)
25 – The Cosplay Suit from RAD Patterns is so playful and fun, great for costumes and PJs! There are options for ears and tails, should you the need.
So, that was a long pattern roundup! Glad to see you made it to the end, phewww! Let me know which ones are your favorites. I would love you to comment with more great patterns for fall and winter. Thanks for reading, and Happy Sewing!