Thanks for joining me for Day 4 of the Womens’ Mairin Sew Along!
In this video, we will finish constructing the top.
As a reminder, the Mairin Swimsuit Pattern is on sale with code MAIRIN for 15% off through June 29th!)
And here is the video:
Sewing Products mentioned in this video:
- For hemming knits, I recommend a coverstitch or a faux coverstitch using a twin needle with your sewing machine.
- Fusible Tape will change the way you feel about hemming knits! I don’t hem without it. It turns wavy, unruly hems into stable hems for topstitching without the bulk of interfacing.
- Wonder Clips are great for working with knits, especially to clip the elastic to the fabric before you sew.
- Scissors – I keep a sharp pair of Ginghers and Fiskars scissors in my sewing room for cutting out, if needed.
- My sewing machine is a Babylock (an older Crafter’s Choice) – I love it because I don’t have to use a walking foot with knits!
- My serger is a Huskylock s21, made by Viking – it’s a serger/coverstitch combo and it sews knits beautifully
- I’m using stretch needles and all-purpose thread.
Hopefully your swimsuits are beginning to come together. I can’t wait to see them! Please post any questions you have below.
Meet me back here tomorrow for the last day, Day 5 of the Mairin Sew Along!
If you’ve enjoyed this tutorial, check out some of my other swimwear posts here.