Welcome back to Day 2 of the Mairin Sew Along!
If you’re new to the Mairin Sew Along, check out Day 1 here.
Hopefully you’ve got your pattern cut out and are ready to cut your fabric! Today’s video is all about cutting out. After that, we’ll do a little sewing and get those strap ties covered!
As a reminder, the Mairin Swimsuit pattern is available here, if you need to purchase it. (Use code MAIRIN for 15% off the pattern through June 29th!)
Participate with us in The Fabric Fairy Group on Facebook and enter to win amazing prizes!!
And now, without further ado:
Amazing Sewing Products mentioned in this video:
- Pattern weights: see my No-Sew Fabric Weights Tutorial for step by step instructions!
- Fiskars Cutting Mat (This product has a lifetime warranty – Fiskars sent me a new mat after 5 years because mine was defective. Amazing company!)
- Rotary Cutter large and small (the small one is great for going around tight curves
- Marking Tools: Frixion Pens have ink that disappears under a hot iron or in the dryer. I also use Crayola Markers for tracing patterns and for marking fabric within the seam allowance.
- Scissors – I keep a sharp pair of Ginghers and Fiskars scissors in my sewing room for cutting out, if needed.
- Quilting Ruler – great for cutting out neckbands, ties, waistbands, armbands, etc…basically any rectangular shape!
So…what did you think? Clear as mud? What questions do you have for me? Feel free to comment below. I look forward to seeing what you are working on!
Meet me back here tomorrow for Day 3 of the Mairin Sew Along!
If you’ve enjoyed this tutorial, check out some of my other swimwear posts here.