Today is Day 5, the last day of the Womens’ Mairin Sew Along!
You can purchase the Mairin Swimsuit Pattern here.
In this video, we will start and finish sewing the bikini bottoms. You can topstitch the elastic bands with your sewing machine using a zig-zag stitch or a twin needle. You can also use a coverstitch to topstitch. I used a different method to insert the leg elastic than the instructions.
And here is the video:
Sewing Products mentioned in this video:
- Wonder Clips are great for working with knits, especially to clip the elastic to the fabric before you sew.
- Scissors – I keep a sharp pair of Ginghers and Fiskars scissors in my sewing room for cutting out, if needed.
- My sewing machine is a Babylock (an older Crafter’s Choice) – I love it because I don’t have to use a walking foot with knits!
- My serger is a Huskylock s21, made by Viking – it’s a serger/coverstitch combo and it sews knits beautifully
- I’m using stretch needles and all-purpose thread.
More Pictures of My Finished Mairin:
Thank you so much for watching, and don’t forget to enter your projects in the contest for the sew along!