Welcome back to Day 3 of the Mairin Sew Along!
This movie will guide you through a majority of the construction of the top.
As a reminder, the Mairin Swimsuit pattern is available here, if you need to purchase it. (Use code MAIRIN for 15% off the pattern through June 29th!)
Participate with us in The Fabric Fairy Group on Facebook and enter to win amazing prizes!!
And here is the video:
Amazing Sewing Products mentioned in this video:
- Marking Tools: Frixion Pens have ink that disappears under a hot iron or in the dryer. I also use Crayola Markers for tracing patterns and for marking fabric within the seam allowance.
- Wonder Clips are great for working with knits, especially to clip the elastic to the fabric before you sew.
- Scissors – I keep a sharp pair of Ginghers and Fiskars scissors in my sewing room for cutting out, if needed.
- My sewing machine is a Babylock (an older Crafter’s Choice) – I love it because I don’t have to use a walking foot with knits!
- My serger is a Huskylock s21, made by Viking – it’s a serger/coverstitch combo and it sews knits beautifully
- I’m using stretch needles and all-purpose thread.
Hopefully your swimsuits are beginning to come together. I can’t wait to see them! Please post any questions you have below.
Meet me back here tomorrow for Day 4 of the Mairin Sew Along!
If you’ve enjoyed this tutorial, check out some of my other swimwear posts here.